I “met” Pepper Basham through my little sister, but when I say met, I mean that my sister met Pepper and then told me to read Pepper’s first book, The Thorn Bearer. And just like that, I became one of Pepper’s friendly stalkers. And, I guess I’m proud to say that I continue to fangirl over her books and creep on her Facebook.
What I love about Pepper Basham’s writing is that she creates characters with deep wounds and then she offers second chances. Now, who doesn’t have a deep wound? And, more importantly, who doesn’t love second
, third, 100th chances?
All that to say, I’m really excited to see Just The Way You Are hit the bookshelves.
[I received this book for free. My opinions are my own.]
Cordially Barbara’s Review
On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, Just The Way You Are by Pepper D. Basham is Lindt Lindor Truffles (my fave is dark chocolate). Chocolate crunch on the outside and creamy goodness in the center, but wait, it’s in book form!
Eisley, the heroine of Britallachia (Britain and Appalachian Mountains) stumbles right into the arms of a British grandpa. Romantic, right? Did I mention he’s a certified matchmaker? Enter the handsome grandson, Wes.
I adore Eisley because she’s every girl who’s ever been afraid to dream a happily ever after, who says all the wrong things, and who has a giving heart for her family. Really, that has to be all of us? But, Eisley isn’t a picture perfect character. She makes mistakes, assumes, and fears trusting.
So let’s get realer than real: I giggled my way through this Disney-like fairytale, where story becomes reality. #hopelessromantic
About the Book
Book: Just the Way You Are
Author: Pepper Basham
Genre: Contemporary Romance
About the Author
Pepper Basham is an award-winning author who writes novels inspired by her love for history and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Her Penned in Time series has garnered recognition in the Inspys, Grace Awards, and the ACFW Carol Awards. Her contemporary romance novel, A Twist of Faith, received 4-stars from Romantic Times, and most recently, her newest release, The Thorn Healer, received a Top Pick from RT with 4 ½ stars. Her newest contemporary romance, Just the Way You Are, releases in April 2016. You can get to know Pepper on Facebook, or over at her group blog, The Writer’s Alley, or Instagram.
- April 6: Reading Is My SuperPower
- April 6: cherylbbookblog
- April 6: Fiction Aficionado
- April 7: Book Reviews From an Avid Reader
- April 7: Smiling Book Reviews
- April 7: Singing Librarian Books
- April 8: Bookworm Mama
- April 8: my site/autism mom
- April 9: Quiet Quilter
- April 9: Inklings and notions
- April 10: Faithfully Bookish
- April 10: Back Porch Reads
- April 11: Robin’s Nest
- April 11: Christian Chick’s Thoughts
- April 12: Blogging With Carol
- April 12: Just the Write Escape
- April 13: Cordially Barbara
- April 13: Moments Dipped in Ink
- April 14: His Grace is Sufficient
- April 14: A Greater Yes
- April 15: Just Commonly
- April 15: 100 Pages per Hour
- April 16: Book by Book
- April 16: A Baker’s Perspective
- April 17: Splashes of Joy
- April 17: Christian Bookaholic
- April 17: Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations
- April 18: Karen Sue Hadley
- April 18: History Mystery & Faith
- April 18: Through the Open Window
- April 19: Henry Happens
- April 19: Baker Kella
- April 19: Daysong Reflections
To celebrate her tour, Pepper is giving away a Grand Prize consisting of so much goodness!!!
Be sure to comment on this post before you enter to claim 9 extra entries!